The Torch Theatre continues its commitment to the County’s young people. With the sponsorship and support of Pembrokeshire County Council, we have dedicated Youth Theatre and Education Officers who lead our work with young people bringing a wealth of experience to the Torch Youth Theatre and our work in schools and colleges. For more information contact Mike Davies on 01646 695267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Experience and Work Placements
The Torch Theatre is a popular choice for young people who want to broaden their experience of the world of work with a longer term placement, or enhance their learning as part of prescribed work experience for their school or college course.
We will always try to help you if we can. However, we do have to be realistic about our own workloads and responsibilities, and how this might affect the time we have available for you which could affect the quality of your work experience. Sometimes we may just be too busy to help you out, at other times there may not be much to do in that area of activity at the time you wish to come to us. We receive dozens of requests each year, and it’s not possible to accommodate all of them.
So, if we’re receiving lots of work experience and placement requests, what’s the best way for you to apply?
• We need information in writing, well in advance of your chosen dates
• We need details of the dates and times you would like to be with us
• We need home and school addresses, contact numbers and email addresses
• We’d like to know something about you, what you enjoy doing, what relevant course you’re studying, why you’ve chosen the Torch, what you’d hope to do with your life in the long run
• We need specific information about what you need to learn from the placement or work experience you’re requesting
• It may help if you can give us a couple of options if you’re interested in more than one thing
• We really want you to demonstrate that you want to come to the Torch for all the right reasons, and not just because you have to do something to keep your school or parents happy
Please click on the link to download our Schools Newsletter for a complete educational update.