Casual Café/Bar Staff
The Torch Theatre are looking for individuals full of energy to join our Front of House team as casual Café/Bar/Kiosk Assistants. If you have a passion for customer service and have experience of Café and/or Bar work, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
As a casual Café/Bar/Kiosk Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Welcoming and serving customers visiting the Torch Café, Bar and Kiosk in a quick and efficient manner always remaining calm in what can be a busy environment;
- All aspects of serving, drinks, coffees and snacks from the Kiosk and Bar including operation of the ICR till system;
- Dealing with the pre-ordering and preparing of interval drinks;
- Delivering consistent high quality customer service in what, at times, can be a very fast paced role;
- Clearing, wiping and tidying tables in all Front of House areas, including washing up glasses, in preparation for service;
- Following all food hygiene and cleanliness procedures rigorously;
- Restocking and tidying the Kiosk and bar areas;
- Working in co-operation with other theatre staff to provide a seamless service across all of the catering operation; and
- Complying at all times with Torch Theatre policies and procedures
We are looking for individuals with:
- A 'can do' approach towards work;
- Previous experience working in a Café/Bar or retail environment;
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and self-motivation;
- An honest and responsible personality;
- Ability to solve problems at any given time;
- A willingness to be trained and confident in using the coffee machine and tills;
- Excellent attention to detail and punctuality; and
- Excellent team skills
Our Café and Bar opening hours are determined by our theatre and cinema programmes and will regularly vary. We therefore operate a shift/rota system with hours agreed in advance with the Front of House & Operations Manager. Our Bar and Kiosk is licensed from 11:00am to 1:00am so early and/or late shifts over the week, weekends and Bank Holidays will be required. Availability is therefore an essential requirement of this role.
We value diversity and positively encourage applicants from all sections of the community, particularly those under-represented across the arts workforce.
Applicable hourly Living/National Minimum Wage rates will apply.
If you are interested in applying for a casual Café/Bar Assistant vacancy, please provide an up to date CV and covering letter along with a completed Equal Opportunities monitoring form to Guy Woodham, Senior Manager – Business, Torch Theatre Company Ltd, St Peter’s Road, Milford Haven SA73 2BU or email: email@example.com
Please mark your email: Confidential – Casual Café/Bar Assistant Application
Further details about the job and the Equal Opportunities monitoring form can be found below.
This is an on-going general recruitment campaign and applications will be considered upon an individual basis following receipt of a CV and covering letter.
- Cafe & Bar Assistant - Job Details English (August 2021)
- Cafe & Bar Assistant - Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form English (August 2021)
❉ Please note that Welsh language versions of the forms are available, please click on the Welsh flag in the top right-hand corner to access these.
There are currently no vacancies available at the Torch Theatre.