CURRENT VACANCIES AT THE TORCH THEATRE
The Torch Theatre are looking for individuals full of energy to join our Front of House team as casual Café Assistants. If you have a passion for customer service and have experience of Café work, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
As a casual Café Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Welcoming and serving customers visiting the Torch Café, in a quick and efficient manner always remaining calm in what can be a busy environment;
- All aspects of serving food and drink including operation of the ICR till system;
- Delivering consistent high quality customer service in what, at times, can be a very fast paced role;
- Clearing, wiping and tidying tables in all the Café areas, including washing up in preparation for service;
- Following all food hygiene and cleanliness procedures rigorously;
- Working in co-operation with other theatre staff to provide a seamless service across all of the catering operation; and
- Complying at all times with Torch Theatre policies and procedures
We are looking for individuals with:
- A 'can do' approach towards work;
- Previous experience working in a Café or retail environment;
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and self-motivation;
- An honest and responsible personality;
- Ability to solve problems at any given time;
- A willingness to be trained and confident in using the coffee machine and tills;
- Excellent attention to detail and punctuality; and
- Excellent team skills
Our Café opening hours are determined by our theatre and cinema programmes and will regularly vary. We therefore operate a shift/rota system with hours agreed in advance with the Front of House & Operations Manager. Some early and/or late shifts over the week, weekends and Bank Holidays will be required. Availability is therefore an essential requirement of this role.
We value diversity and positively encourage applicants from all sections of the community, particularly those under-represented across the arts workforce.
Applicable hourly Living/National Minimum Wage rates will apply.
If you are interested in applying for a casual Café Assistant vacancy, please provide an up to date CV and covering letter along with a completed Equal Opportunities monitoring form to Marcus Lewis, Senior Manager – Front of House & Operations, Torch Theatre Company Ltd, St Peter’s Road, Milford Haven SA73 2BU or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark your email: Confidential – Casual Café Assistant Application
Further details about the job and the Equal Opportunities monitoring form can be found below.
This is an on-going general recruitment campaign and applications will be considered upon an individual basis following receipt of a CV and covering letter.
- Café Assistant - Job Details English (April 2023)
- Café Assistant - Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form English (April 2023)
❉ Please note that Welsh language versions of the forms are available, please click on the Welsh flag in the top right-hand corner to access these.
TORCH THEATRE NEWSLETTER
Get in the Spotlight!
Want to be the first to hear about upcoming performances, exclusive ticket offers, and behind-the-scenes action at the Torch Theatre? Subscribe to our newsletter and let the drama come to you.